Updated August 25. 2020
Rules and Guidelines in place for the Glenn Hall Centennial Arena (GHA) based on guidelines from the Province of Alberta. Please note that these guidelines will be updated to align with changes to Public Health Orders, Provincial Guidelines, and/or best practices in the Tri Municipal Region GENERAL
• Do not attend the facility if you are feeling unwell.
• Practice physical distancing (maintain 2 metres between people).
• Practice healthy hygiene habits. Wash your hands, regularly use hand sanitizer and avoid touching your face. Hand sanitizing dispensers are located throughout the building, but it is highly recommended to bring your own.
• Wearing a face covering or mask is mandatory in all publicly accessible areas of the facility. o Bring and use your own face covering; they will not be provided.
• Refrain from cheering and yelling as it presents a high risk of spreading droplets.
• Following each time slot, the GHA staff will undergo a cleaning of the facilities, users and spectators will be expected to exit the facility immediately after their ice time to ensure the facilities are ready for the next group.
• Comply with specific staff requests related to COVID 19 Facility protocols (closed areas).
• 30 minutes between ice bookings.
Complete pre-activity screening through your organization.
• Come dressed for your ice time. Exceptions: o Dressing rooms will be available for the U19 ringette level teams. o Dressing rooms will be available for the U18, Junior and Adult hockey teams. o Dressing room # 4 will be available for goalies ONLY. o Showers will not be available.
• An area will be designated in each hallway to put on skates - designated as EAST and WEST.
• Please proceed directly to the skate tying area upon arrival.
• Apart from U19 ringette, U18, Junior, Adult hockey, and goalies, equipment bags are not permitted.
• Bring your own filled water bottle (Fountains are unavailable).
• Arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your ice slot.
• Exit the facility within 15 minutes after your ice time to allow time for staff to prepare the facility for the next group.
• Off ice warm-ups or cool downs will not be permitted. GLENN HALL CENTENNIAL ARENA - COVID 19 TOWN OF STONY PLAIN RELAUNCH Our Path Forward Updated August 25. 2020
• When using the GHA facility users / spectators must follow all posted facility guidelines and public health orders.
• It is highly recommended that only one parent / guardian attends per participant. It is preferred that no additional spectators, including children, are brought to the facility. If children must come out of necessity, they must remain seated with parent / guardian.
• Please proceed directly to the spectator seating area upon arrival, unless tying skates for a participant.
• Sections of the bleachers will be closed.
• No meetings are allowed at the facility, including bleachers or lobbies.
SPORT ORGANIZATIONS/USER GROUPS
• Organizations are responsible for sharing these key messages with their members.
• When possible, please encourage parents to drop-off and pick up participants to reduce the number of patrons inside the building.
• Organizations will be responsible for pre-screening participants before arriving to the facility.
• Organizations will play a role in monitoring and reinforcing physical distancing measures with members of their organization.
Stony Plain Flyers rules for Players
Player entrance/Dressing room:
Hand Sanitizer will be made available. After games and practices no hanging around the dressing room and socializing. Players must leave quickly within 30 min. (The team must ensure we limit excess close quarter contact in the dressing room). Showers are not available at any rink per AHS. (will confirm) Team will use wipes and spray to do a quick clean of sticks or other items.
Coaches/Dressing room to have no former players in it this year.
Water bottles: Players must supply and label and then drink from their own water bottle, and are fully responsible for it, including filling it and removing it from the bench at the end of game. Trainer will not be touching them. No team water bottles will be provided during practices or games.
Bench: Trainer and Coaches will be wearing a disposable mask in the rink the entire time per rink rules. Bench towels will be provided but will only be allowed single use and will be controlled by trainer. They will be used once and then placed in a pillowcase by the player for cleaning that night.
No spitting in the dressing room or ice surface.
Keep goal celebrations smaller.
No handshakes between anybody in the rink.
Jerseys should be washed after every game/practice.
Players must take home all equipment absolutely none left at the rink this year and equipment to be aired out and dried by the players at home.